Tropical White Chocolate Pound Cake
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 20
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 can (8 oz.) Crushed Pineapple In Juice, Undrained
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, Softened
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate, Melted, Cooled Slightly
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
MIX flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Mix sour cream and pineapple; set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating until well blended after each addition. Add coconut; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack. Loosen cake from side of pan with small knife or metal spatula. Invert cake onto rack; gently remove cake. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Enjoy this moist and flavorful cake but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Pound cake can be baked in loaf pans. Prepare batter as directed; pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS