Creamy Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup Sliced Onions, Separated Into Rings
- 1 tablespoon Butter Or Margarine
- 6 ounces (3/4 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon KRAFT Prepared Horseradish
- 6 Pita Breads, Cut In Half
- 1 pound Shaved Deli Roast Beef
- 2 medium Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 cups Shredded Lettuce
COOK and stir onions in butter in medium skillet on medium heat until tender. Add cream cheese and milk. Reduce heat to low; cook until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in horseradish.
FILL pita pockets evenly with meat, tomatoes and lettuce.
DRIZZLE with the horseradish sauce.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Pair this recipe with your favorite fresh fruit and a glass of fat-free milk.
Prepare sauce as directed; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Serve cold with the sandwiches.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS