- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 9
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Creamy Wheat (enriched Farina) Hot Cereal (1 Minute, Two & Half Minutes Or 10 Minutes Cook Time), Uncooked, Divided
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 3/4 cup Cholesterol-free Egg Product
- 1/2 cup Fat-free Milk
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Margarine Or Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Frozen Corn, Thawed
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2 Percent Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
GREASE 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the cereal. Set aside.
MIX remaining cereal, flour, baking powder and chili powder. Mix egg product, milk, honey and margarine in medium bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in corn and cheese. Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using drained canned corn with sweet peppers.
Jazz It Up:
For a spicier cornbread, prepare as directed using 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS